Corbould Park Research Facility Notes for Members and Visitors
Our rooms are located at Corbould Park, the home of the Sunshine Coast Turf Club. The following conditions need to be followed regarding the accessing of our rooms. Please follow these instructions.
- Our access hours are from 9 am to 4.30 pm. Gate 2 opens at 8.30 am and closes at 8.00 pm each day. The additional gate has been installed to minimise movement of horses who may have had a fright. Entry at gate 2 is restricted to only racecourse training before 8.30 am.
- When the additional gate at gate 2 is closed, enter at gate 3 and travel straight ahead to the crossover driveway down to CFHRI. Be aware that horses may be in that area at any time.
- Always drive at 5kpm – horses have right of way.
- We cannot access the rooms on any Tuesday before midday because of horse training.
- Horses have usually finished training by 8.30 am on any of our days [except Tuesday] before our arrival at 9 am and departure by 4.30 pm, so rooms closed before twilight and night race meetings.
- We cannot access the rooms on any Sunday due to race meetings, or other days when meetings are deemed ‘day’ or ‘day/night’ meetings, as outlined in the Sunshine Coast Turf Club Calendar.
- No signage or flags allowed that can flap to frighten horses.
If you are interested in joining Caloundra Family History Research Inc., contact us.