Our library contains many resources to assist you in your research.
You can search our Library & Computers Catalogue online. This will search an index of the books, maps, CDs and Microfiche. It does not search within the actual items. Then come to the library prepared with a list of books, etc that you wish to use in your research.
To whet your appetite, here is just a sample:
- 2200 titles in the book section covering a wide variety of subjects including how to research, some family histories, general histories, shipping etc.
- Journals exchanged with over 70 other societies in Australia and Britain.
- Subscriptions to other journals from Australia and overseas.
- Large range of Maps, particularly for Queensland.
- Access to the Internet.
- Over 11,000 Microfiche in 652 sets that include both Australian and overseas records.
- Hundreds of CDs containing indexes and other reference material, including Vital Records, Cemetery Records, Police Gazettes, School & Electoral Records, Railway Staff Records, Landsborough Shire Records, Gregson & Weight Funeral Records .
- All the indexes have been loaded onto the computers for easy accessibility.
Access to Genealogy Giants & More
Computer access to Ancestry, Findmypast, Genealogist, The British Newspaper Archive and more. Non Members may need to pay a fee.
Library Research Times
Every Thursday (except the third Thursday) 9.30am to 4.00pm
3rd Thursday 9.30am to 12.00 noon. General Meeting commences at 1.30pm.
Saturday morning 9.30am to 12.30pm except 3rd Saturday 9.30am to 4.00pm.
Library volunteers are on duty each research day to assist you.
Like a guided tour?
Visit us during the open hours.