Membership to our Family History group has many benefits for newcomers to Family History and Caloundra, and for those who are more experienced in seeking Family History mysteries and facts.
If you would like to find out more as to why you should become a member then read through the many benefits of joining Caloundra Family History. Or you can jump to membership fees, how to join and how to pay, down the page.
Why you should become a member?
Once you are a member, you will be surrounded by like-minded women and men. We are a Family History group that can offer you:
- Access and use of the Caloundra Family History (CFH) rooms and resources.
- Our easy-to-access and read quarterly journal “The Caloundra Clipper“.
- Reciprocal membership with Genealogy Sunshine Coast and Cooroy – Noosa Family History Society.
- Country membership of Queensland Family History Society.
- Educational Courses for beginners to seasoned researchers to advance family history skills and knowledge.
- Interest Groups that meet monthly to discuss websites, publications and member discoveries for family history links in England & Wales, Ireland, Scotland and Germany. You are also offered help in overcoming brick walls.
- A Tech Help Interest Group and a variety of IT / Tech workshop sessions to enable you to become more confident in using technology and researching your family history using the Internet. On-Screen Demos on exploring and navigating Family History websites, Word, Excel and loads more. Our calendar has details on upcoming training special events.
- Group Visits to State History repositories to conduct research, including Queensland State Archives, State Library of Queensland, Queensland Family History Society. Check out if there are any upcoming trip special events.
- Community engagement opportunities with local community groups in the name of promoting, sharing and collecting local and family history and even being social.
- Opportunities to socialise and enhance relationships as you progress on your family history journey. We are a friendly and welcoming group to locals and the many newcomers who move into the area. Our annual Christmas function is always well attended.
- Fundraising opportunities to enable the group to maintain and support its extensive library, research resources and computers and audiovisual equipment. Raffles, 100 Club cash prize draws and Bunning’s Sausage Sizzles become fun social events while raising funds.
- Educational topics and speakers at the Monthly General Meetings & Talk Event, held on the 3rd Thursday of every month. Experienced and knowledgeable speakers present a wide range of topics at these meetings. Visitors are welcome.
- Opportunities to attend workshops, seminars and conferences where fellow members, local, Australian and International experts in their field help advance your skills. Being a member ensures you are not going it alone.
- Basic research services such as organising Births, Deaths and Marriage Certificates and other Australian & International documents, for a small fee.
- A Writers Competition is conducted annually by a panel of peers and a winning member is awarded the Lorrie Barzdo Writers’ Award.
- Small group public speaking opportunities at monthly general meetings. Members are encouraged to present a “This Day in History“ segment and/or “Why I started my Family History journey”. Regular “Show and Tell” segments where members can hear about fellow members recent family tree wins, successes and progress and maybe some hints for their own tree.
Current fees for 2019-2020: Single $69.00, Family $101.00
Joining Fee for new members: Single $10.00, Family $15.00
(A family membership is two or more people living at the same address.)
The membership year commences 1st July each year.
Half year’s fees apply from 1 Jan 2020 to 30 April 2020.
Joining in May or June gives you membership to 30 June the following year (1-2 months free membership).
New members receive a lanyard. A New Members Book, to help with family history research, and a Members Interest Form will be included with the welcome letter. New Members are also allocated a Buddy to help them learn about the group.
New membership can be paid for by Credit Card Payment via Paypal, below or at our online shop or Direct Deposit or Cash at the rooms.
Bank: Bendigo Bank, Caloundra
BSB No. 633 000
Account No.146 865 399
For new membership payments please type in “NM + your first and last names” in the reference box.
Credit Card Payment via PayPal with Express Checkout
One-click express checkout goes straight to PayPal to charge the amount indicated. If you need to add more items select all purchases at the shop.
We do not see any of your credit card details. You do not have to have a PayPal Account to pay securely by credit card via PayPal.
Half Year memberships cover the period Jan 2020 to the end of June 2020.
|HALF-YEAR from Jan 2020
Single 2019/2020 NEW Membership
$34.50 plus Joining Fee $10.00
|HALF-YEAR from Jan 2020
Family 2019/2020 NEW Membership
$65.50 plus Joining Fee $15.00
If you have any questions about membership or would like to tour our library, computer room and meeting room then contact our membership officer by email at email@example.com.