Membership to our Family History group has many benefits for newcomers to Family History and Caloundra, and for those who are more experienced in seeking Family History mysteries and facts. If you would like to become a member of our group download the Membership Application Form.
Why should you become a member?
Once you are a member, you will become associated with a group of like minded women and men whose interest in Family & Local History and a group that offers you
- Access and use of the CFH rooms and resources.
- Receive quarterly journal “The Caloundra Clipper“.
- Reciprocal membership with Genealogy Sunshine Coast and Cooroy – Noosa Family History Society.
- Country members of Queensland Family History Society.
- Educational Courses for beginners to seasoned researchers to advance family history skills.
- Interest Groups meet monthly to discuss websites, publications and member discoveries for family history links in England & Wales, Ireland, Scotland and Germany.
- Both the Tech Help Interest Group and variety of IT / Tech workshop sessions to enable you to become more confident in using technology and researching your family history using the Internet. On Screen Demos on exploring and navigating Family History websites, Word, Excel and loads more. Our calendar has details on up coming training special events.
- Group Visits to State History repositories to conduct research, including Queensland State Archives, State Library of Queensland, Queensland Family History Society. Check out if there are any up coming trip special events.
- Community engagement opportunities with local community groups in the name of promoting, sharing and collecting local and family history and even being social.
- Opportunities to socialise and enhance relationships as you progress on your family history journey. We are a friendly group and are welcoming to the many newcomers who move to and resettle in Caloundra. Our annual Christmas functions are always well attended.
- To enable the group to maintain and support its extensive library, research resources and computers & audio visual equipment we have fundraising opportunities. Raffles, prize draws, Bunning’s Sausage Sizzles become fun social events while raising funds.
- Educational topics and speakers at the Monthly General Meetings & Talk Event, held on the 3rd Thursday of every month. Experienced and knowledgeable speakers share knowledge and experiences with all members. Visitors are welcome.
- Opportunities to attend workshops, seminars & conferences where fellow members, local, Australian and International experts in their field help advance your skills. Being a member ensures you are not going it alone.
- Basic research services such as organising Births, Deaths and Marriage Certificates and other Australian & International documents, for a small fee.
- Writers Competition is conducted annually by a panel of peers and a winning member is awarded the Lorrie Barzdo Writers’ Award.
- Small group public speaking opportunities at monthly General meetings. Members are encouraged to present the “This Day in History“ segment and “Why I started my Family History journey”. Regular “Show and Tell” segments where members can hear about fellow members recent family tree wins, successes and progress.
- Members can sponsor Journals that publish on topics that interest them. Then they get first access to that journal before it is added to the library collection.
If you want to progress your family history research then join today by downloading the Membership Application Form. Further details are on the form.
Current fees for 2018-2019: Single $68.00, Family $100.00
Joining Fee for new members: Single $10.00, Family $15.00
Membership year commences 1st July each year.
Half year’s fees apply from 1 Jan 2019 to 30 April 2019.
New members receive a lanyard and New Members Book to help with their family history research. They are also allocated a Buddy to help them learn about the group. A one-on-one session can be arranged to get them started on their research.